Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kind Words

I would first like to start by saying "THANK YOU!" to my darling (and very talented) friend, Candace and her cousin Kara for allowing me to be a part of the 2nd annual Purely Divine Brunch and Boutique yesterday at the Fresno CRC church.  The morning started with a delicious brunch, then Candace did such a wonderful job speaking and singing and then it was "Shop, Shop, Shop!"  What fun it was setting up a table and selling my handmade items for the first time.  I probably wouldn't have had my stuff laid out before people started shopping if it weren't for Jessica who shared a table with me!  Thank you Jessica for helping me get all that tiny jewelry organized and presentable!  I was so nervous the night before just wondering if people would even be interested in looking at my stuff let alone buying it.  So, it was such an encouragement yesterday to have both interest AND sales!  I took one photo of the table with my iPhone before we started tearing it down but it turned out so aweful I couldn't bear to post it.

My sweet, sweet husband is so supportive of my hobby and, especially of late, has encouraged me in the idea of making a little business with it.  He loves to research and figure things out which lead him to his offer of making me a website.  My very own site, how cool would that be?!  So, while scoping out sites today looking for a layout that appealed to me, I came across this blog post on the Crochetme website: "Yay! Crochet Colorplay!".  Crochetme is a web crochet community.  It has forums, free patterns, event updates, blog posts, you name it.  If you follow the link and read the blog post you will see what I mean by "kind words".  I was practically jumping out of my skin when I read it, literally giggling out loud with excitement (I didn't realize this until my kids asked me what was so funny!).  Thank you, Marcy Smith for your kind words.

2 comments :

Candace said...

You're welcome, and you're awesome! Way to go!!!

Candace said...

Hey did you see this link?

http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/kd21511

You also have appeared on a few "free patterns" websites. Amazing!!