Friday, January 28, 2011

I Need Your Help!

As many of you know, I love yarn and all things yarny.  Also, I love the idea of owning my own business.  Really I have loved the idea of being a business owner for longer than I've been passionate about yarn and crochet.  It wasn't until fairly recently however that I put two and two together and realized: duh!  I need to own a YARN SHOP!  As soon as that happened ideas began flooding my brain.  I even bought a little journal to keep notes while I was out and about and something really great popped into my head.  To be honest I have no idea when these ideas/dreams will come true, if ever.  But, my passion remains and the ideas keep coming so I've decided to continue refining them.
One of the things I've been mulling over is a name for my precious (future) yarn shop.  The name is so important.  It's the first impression someone gets when they find you in the phone book or on a random google search or driving by.  Is it just a store that carries yarn or is it a yarn shop with ambiance and character?  Does the name alone spark the creative side in you and spur you to go exploring for something amazing?  I sure want it to!

I've gotten some great suggestions from friends and family but I thought I would make a little plea on my blog for some help as well.  I need a name that will work from billboard to website/blog.  Here are some thoughts:
  1. made.
  2. A Yarny Disposition
  3. Yards of Yarn
  4. Steph's Stitches & Such
#1 was suggested by my dear friend and I've gotten great verbal feedback on it.  The only problem with it is that there isn't a URL available or a blog.
#2 is a recent revelation.  The wikipedia definition for the word disposition is: "a habit, a preparation, a state of readiness, or a tendency to act in a specified way."  How perfect is that?!  The only problem with this is that it's kinda long. What do you think?
#3 was my original yarn shop name.  I like the alliteration and it seemed cute.
#4 I'm not sure if have a personal name in the business name is good business.  I like it for my blog though. :)

So, what do you think?!  Please leave me a comment so that I can get a good night sleep!

2 comments :

Cindy said...

Made = M.A.D.E Many Available Designs E...(something) with Fibers...haha!! The Yarny Disposition is cool, but Yarny kind of looks like Yarmy. Maybe try Yarnie...no I don't think I like that. I still really like Steph's Stitches & Such, but if you don't want it with your name in it as you stated today, take your name out of it. Just a thought...

Unknown said...

Lots of big carfty company's have Peoples names in them, Michale's, Joann's, Aaron Brothers! you should just be then next in the list!! I vote for Steph's Stitches & such!!