Monday, March 07, 2011

A Tangle of Color

Behold: my colorful scarf.


  I decided to participate in a crochet contest (mentioned in previous post).  The challenge was to use at least four colors of Tahki Stacey Charles Cotton Classic yarn in the most creative way.  After much thought and many sketches, I settled on this mirrored wave idea with strands of color woven through.  I ordered my yarn online since we don't have a local yarn shop that carries this particular brand (unless you consider Fresno local...I don't).  So I anxiously awaited the arrival of my yarn not knowing if the colors would look at all like what I viewed on the computer screen.  To my delight, they were even better than I had hoped!    


The yarn is woven really tight and each ply is made of two ply of yarn so it gives the strand a woven effect.  It looks like tiny cord.  This made each wrap of each stitch stand out amazingly.  Most of my stitches are double treble crochet which means I wrap the yarn around my hook three times and pull through four times.  Basically, there are a lot of loops and twists to look at and it makes each stitch look really intricate.  Anyway, enough technical talk...let's view and VOTE for my scarf!  Go here!  You might have to sign in to vote, in which case, I totally understand if you do not want to sign up for knitting daily.  :)

6 comments :

Cindy said...

Love love the scarf and the display is beautiful!

Candace said...

Wow, Steph, that is something! Beautiful!

Candace said...

Ha! I just realized that the phrase "That is something" sounds sarcastic! I meant to say, "That is absolutely amazing!" :)

Candace said...

Hey I can't figure out how to vote for your scarf. Do I have to be a ravelry member? Give directions, so we can all vote for you! (Yours is the best, by the way, and I'm not just saying that because you're my fab friend.)

Steph Sario said...

Thank you, Candace for the compliment! :) Ok, I just walked through the process with my mother-in-law and realized that you have to sign in with "Knitting Daily" to vote. If you don't mind filtering them on your e-mail (or if you actually want to get e-mails from them like me) then do this:
Follow the link that I've provided above (Go here!). When you reach the gallery page scroll to the top and click on the red button at the top right of the screen that says "Join!". After registering, the easiest way to get back to the gallery is to come back to my blog and click on the link again. You should then be able to vote! Yippee! I don't think I mentioned the prize if I win...40 skeins of any color yarn I want!!! Oh the things I could make with all that beautiful yarn! :)

rsscribe said...

LOVE THE SCARF! I HOPE YOU WIN!