Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baby...Girl?

Like I said I would, I'm updating the blog after our August 8th ultra sound appointment. Unfortunately, the baby was a little camera shy. I was told to drink a soda or eat a candy bar before I came in for the appointment to make sure the baby was really wiggly. Well, I did both but to no avail. We found out that our baby loves the fetal position (huh, I wonder why they named it that!) and doesn't really care if it is being bounced up and down from us poking and proding from the outside of my belly. It was just so content to sit there in it's little fetal position not showing us a thing (down there). The ultrasound technician, Lisa was able to get some great footage of the baby's heart and hands and confirmed that all 10 fingers and toes are accounted for and is in great growing health! Lisa was not about to give up after the first try though. After about 10 minutes of trying she sent us back out, had me drink and apple juice and then called us back in after her next appointment. The baby had moved! But like I said, it was camera shy and every time we got a glimps between the legs, the heel was covering or the hands were covering. At a point Lisa told us that she thought it was a girl but she couldn't be sure and told us not to go out and buy a bunch of pink. Hopefully the little baby will be more cooperative next time!


A side view of the baby's face


The perfect little hand print

No comments :